To upload your music on Radio.co, you have two options. Either upload directly via the Dashboard, or if you have a lot of tracks then you can upload using FTP.
Few things to note before uploading tracks:
- 200MB upload limit via the browser.
- MP3 and M4A (AAC) files supported.
- MP3 files need to be encoded at CBR (constant bitrate).
- VBR (variable bitrate) files won't play.
- Files protected by DRM are not supported.
Log in to studio.radio.co. Cick Add Media in the top bar and then Select Files.
After doing this, a window will appear. You can select your tracks to upload here.
Alternatively, you can simply drag and drop the tracks in to Radio.co.
After selecting your tracks, they will begin uploading. You can keep track of their progress using the progress meters.
After the upload has complete, the tracks will appear in your Media section. Watch the video below to learn a bit more about the Media section. This covers uploading via FTP for the first half of the video, also explained below.
You will need FTP software. FileZilla is a free download for Windows or Mac OSX
Log in to studio.radio.co. Click Add Media in the top bar then click FTP
Launch FileZilla and enter your FTP Information in the fields near the top of the window.
- Host: transcoder1.radio.co
- Username: s123456789.u123456789
- Password: 012345678901
- Port: Ignore this field
IMPORTANT: You need to use your own details to connect. Using these details above won't work. Head to your Dashboard, and click on the "Add Media" button as shown above. You will see your own details which should be entered into FileZilla.
When you have entered this information click Quick Connect. This will connect to your Storage Space.
Uploading Your Tracks
FileZilla has two folder directories. The left is your computer. The right side is the Radio.co Station Server.
There are two ways of uploading files:
- Navigate to the audio file location in the left file directory, highlight selection and drag over to the right to upload. (For single files you can just double click them to upload)
- Find the file/folder on your computer using My Computer or Finder and dragging it over to the file directory on the right of FileZilla
Remember, Radio.co supports MP3 and M4A files. WAV, AIFF and other formats are not supported.
Bonus: Downloading Your Tracks
You can also download your tracks after you've uploaded them to your station if you lose the original copies of the tracks on your computer. Note, this can only be done via FTP.
After connecting to your station using FTP and the guide above, you can simply click and drag your tracks from the right file directory to the left. This will download your tracks from Radio.co to your computer.