The Relay URL is the direct link to the stream you wish to rebroadcast. You cannot use links to Tunein.com, web pages, or web players. You can obtain the Relay URL from a representative of the station you wish to rebroadcast.
Note: If you have not used Relays we strongly recommend you reload your station by clicking the 'On Air' button in the sidebar.
Note: Only MP3 or AAC streams are supported.
Adding Relay Items to Your Station
- Go to Media > Relays.
- Click Add Relay. A popup will appear.
- Add the name of your Relay. This is used to identify it in your schedule options later.
- Add the relay Stream URL. We support most SHOUTcast, Icecast, and Radio.co streams. Examples are posted below.
(It is important you seek permission from the station you wish to relay as failure to do so may breach licensing or copyright law.)
- You can test the stream URL by clicking the Test Connection button.
(It is recommended to do this to ensure there are no mistakes. If your stream URL is incorrect, it will not play when scheduled.)
- Click Create to save the Relay
- SHOUTcast V1 URL: stream.example.com:8000
- SHOUTcast V2 URL: stream.example.com:8000/1
- Icecast URL: stream.example.com/mount.mp3
- Radio.co URL: stream.radio.co/STATIONID/listen
Scheduling Relay Events
This process is similar to adding a live DJ event to your station.
- Go to Schedule in the Radio.co Dashboard Sidebar.
- Click the calendar at the point where you wish to add the event.
- On the pop-up window and ensure the Start and End times are set correctly, then choose a Playlist.
(This playlist will be used as a backup source in the event the Relay stream becomes unavailable.)
- Set the type to Relay Stream.
- From the drop-down menu choose the relay you wish to schedule.
- If you wish to create a repeating event, set the relevant days at the bottom of the window.
- Finally, click Update.
If the Relay URL includes track information, this will also be relayed through your station. If there is no metadata available the previous information will remain.