Before you can broadcast live, schedule a live event within your station calendar. Please see this guide for more information.
What is Virtual DJ?
Virtual DJ is audio mixing software that PCDJ’s use in place of Vinyl or CD based decks. While some knowledge of beat mixing and cueing is beneficial, Virtual DJ allows anyone to start mixing audio without having to purchase expensive equipment. Virtual DJ is available for both Windows and Mac platforms and supports both MP3 and AAC files.
You must have Virtual DJ 8.1 or above to follow this guide. You can update your App via its settings window.
What You Need
Once installed, you may wish to set up your music library. However, this guide focuses on connecting to your Radio.co Station. If you are unfamiliar with Virtual DJ then you can visit their help page to understand the basics here.
- Launch Virtual DJ and queue some tracks by dragging them onto your mixing decks.
- Click the cog in the top left to access settings.
- In the settings window, go to Broadcast and select Radio Server.
Enter Your Station's Details
- Protocol: SHOUTCast
- Encoding Quality: Usually 128kbps (CBR)
- Server URL: Your host URL (e.g. blue.radio.co)
- Server Port: The 4 digit port number (E.g. 1000)
- Password: E.g. 11a1aa1a1a1a
Find your station's login details under the Live tab in your Radio.co Dashboard.
Play your queued tracks, then click Start Broadcast to connect to your online radio station. Check the connection status on your Radio.co dashboard to make sure a connection is established.
NOTE: You can only go live when the Live event starts. If you try to connect to the system before the start time, your broadcast software will show an error.