Before you can broadcast live, schedule a live event within your station calendar. Please see this guide for more information.
PlayoutONE currently is only available for the Windows operating systems - Download it here.
PlayoutONE is a commercial product that offers a 30-minute trial - Purchase a license to continue using the service here.
Once you have downloaded the files open up PlayoutONE Install Files and click PlayoutONE_Setup.
Then run through the setup wizard to install PlayoutONE.
Once installed, launch PlayoutONE.
Connecting with PlayoutONE LiveStream
PlayoutONE LiveStream is an encoder that pushes your stream from your computer to your radio station - Open the program to bring up the encoder window, then enter your broadcasting details which are available from your Radio.co DJ bar:
- Server (Address:Port): e.g. transcoder.radio.co:1000
- SID: Leave blank
- Mount Name (Icecast): Leave blank
- Server Password: Your unique ID, found in the DJ bar
- Stream Name: e.g. NQR.FM
- URL: e.g. https://nqr.fm
- Stream Genre: e.g. Top 40
- Description: e.g. The best sounds from Manchester's northern quarter.
- Stream Device: Speakers
- Output Format: MP3
- Bitrate: 128kbps (standard)
- Buffer: 2000 (default)
- Billboard File: Leave blank
- Start Streaming when LiveStream starts: Enable if you want to broadcast to your station when playing audio
Once your details have been entered be sure to have audio playing, either your microphone, music, or both, then connect.
PlayoutONE will connect to your radio station and you will be able to see the status change in your DJ bar to DJ On Air to indicate that you are broadcasting live.