Once logged into your Radio.co Account, select LISTEN > WEB PLAYERS in the left column, then click the green Add Player button in the upper right corner.
The 'Add New Player' pop-up will appear. This will allow you to choose a player type:
Classic - An improved version of our older player. New features include; pop out, share now playing track and open in spotify buttons. The player should also provide improved compatibility with responsive websites.
Artwork - This player puts your track artwork centre stage. The controls fade away when not in use and the accent colours are extracted from the currently playing track artwork. The player also includes improved sharing and spotify integrations as above.
Once selected, give your player a name. This is a 'pet name' for your player so you can identify it in your dashboard e.g: 'Website Sidebar'
Adjust the settings to match your radio station's brand. The following options are based on the 'Classic' player. Other player types may have different options.
- Name: Name of your player, only seen in your dashboard so you can identify it.
- Output: Bitrate stream rate - We recommend adaptive as it automatically adjusts stream bitrate based on the listeners device. If you are on the DJ plan, this will default to your /listen stream.
- Width: Choose the maximum width for your player
- Type: Choose from:
Small (Single play button)
Medium (Wide player with small artwork)
Large (tall player with larger artwork).
- Auto Play: Choose whether to start the player on page load.
(Note: Autoplay is less common in modern browsers and is not supported on mobile devices).
- Show Artwork: Choose to show the track artwork. If disabled your station logo will show at all times.
- Corners: Players can have rounded or square corners.
- Social: Options to share your webpage on Twitter, Facebook, or embed the player online.
Accent: Player bar colour.
Main: Background colour of the player.
Text: Colour of player's text.
Once you're happy with the final settings then click Save Player.
Share your player by grabbing the code in the Share box and embed it into your site's HTML.
Share your stream URL with third party directories or provide it to your listeners so they can tune in on their device.
In the LISTEN > LISTEN LINKS area you have different options for your audience to tune in -
Your streaming links are direct links to your station and can be used to either tune in to your station or submit on third-party sites or directories. If you have enabled a mobile stream in Broadcast settings, you will see two links.
Radio.co allows you to integrate the stream with some third party services (subject to availability) - You can follow the links in the dashboard to configure them. Check in the Sharing your Station section of our Help site for further information.